Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Menu Plan: January 25 – February 1, 2015

While pondering this week's menu plan, I decided to, once again, clean out my freezer. This time, I concentrated on my refrigerator freezer as opposed to my deep freeze. While looking through my refrigerator freezer, I found diced up ham, 1/3 of a polish sausage, ½ a package of pinto beans, 2 bags of roasted chicken (ok, I really didn't "find" these, I knew they were there from last Friday's dinner), crepes, and a few other odds and ends. These freezer items are on what I centered this week's menu plan.

Monday, January 26

Three cheese tortellini with marinara sauce and spinach salad

Though this meal contains none of my refrigerator freezer finds, I did have the tortellini in the fridge, and we need to eat up the spinach before it goes bad. Therefore, this is a refrigerator clean-out meal.

Tuesday, January 27

Chicken tacos

Using some of the roasted chicken I have in the freezer, I will prepare chicken tacos with homemade flour tortillas. This will be my first time making flour tortillas. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, January 28

Dinner at my parent's house. Who knows what we'll have, but whatever it is, it'll be delicious!

Thursday, January 29

Pork and Beans with Home Fries

For today's dinner, I will use the Polish sausage and pinto beans to create homemade pork and beans. These are perfect to eat with home fries – deliciously seasoned, pan-fried potatoes. I also make this recipe baked in the oven. My husband loves my home fries!

Friday, January 30

Breakfast Burritos

Scrambled eggs with sausage wrapped in a crepe with cheese. You can add whatever veggies you like to this recipe (mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes, etc.) I also make these with flour tortillas, but I have the crepes in the freezer, so that's what we'll use.

Saturday, January 31

Ham and macaroni casserole

My mother's macaroni and cheese recipe made with diced up ham. I will serve either green beans or English peas with this casserole. I keep both on hand, so I don't need to make up my mind at this moment in time. I can wait and see what mood I'm in when I make this.

Sunday, February 1

Leftover night

My hubby is on his own for dinner. There will be leftovers available for him to reheat or reinvent for his supper. Bumblebee and I will be at my parent's house to do laundry, so we'll eat there.

 

I hope some of the meals I've planned for this week will inspire you to cook for your family, or just help you figure out new ideas.
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment