Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A little update

I know I haven't posted in a long, very long, time. A lot has happened since the last time I posted.

First, and foremost, I met the man of my dreams, the other half of me, and got married. We are also expecting our first child in about 8 weeks. I have also taken on teaching more credit hours at Hinds. This last semester, I taught 11 credit hours! All in dance. It was an amazing experience, and very tiring doing so while pregnant, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Speaking of my dance instructing... Montage Theatre of Dance, the performing arm of the Hinds Community College Dance Program, recently put on a story performance based on The Lion King. This was such a great success, we had to add an Encore performance! We are very proud of this production. I am looking forward to next semester and all the wonderful things we are going to be doing!

I am a little sad I will not be going to Europe this summer with Montage. They will be traveling to Italy, Scotland and Ireland. I really wanted to go, but, as I will have a brand new baby this summer, it just isn't feasible. However, I will be thinking about those who are going and praying for them. I wish them all the best, as they will be performing at the Fringe Festival in Scotland. I am very excited for them and wish them the best. They will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

On a sad note, a week ago my husband and I had to put our little dachshund, Max, to sleep. He was 13 years old and had been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of oral melanoma. He was a very sick little old man and we miss him greatly.

As I near the end of my pregnancy, I have discovered there are a lot of things that just irritate me to no end. I can't stand it when people don't use their indicator lights when changing lanes or making a turn. When my husband, God bless him, doesn't put his keys on the key holder, it gets under my skin. When the laundry isn't put away after it's clean, it bothers me. When there are dirty dishes in the sink, the floor isn't clean, the carpet is dirty, spills on the counters and/or sinks (kitchen and bathroom)... You get the idea. I start to clean, put away, tidy up, etc., but I get so tired, I have to stop and rest, and then the half-finished cleaning bothers me. So, I'm just irritated a lot of the time. So frustrating! I am open to suggestions, if anyone has any...

No comments:

Post a Comment