Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pregnancy Craving

Over the past 32 weeks, I have had several cravings. Everything from Cheetos (the puffy kind, not the crunchy), pickles, dark chocolate gelato, salted caramel anything, and peanut butter cookies. These cravings have come and gone like the tide. However, one craving has remained constant and consistent. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!

I know! I know! No raw eggs. Especially while pregnant. But I have found the perfect solution! Egg-less Raw Cookie Dough. Yes, that's right, a raw cookie dough recipe that doesn't use eggs. It's perfect for those cookie dough cravings.

I found the recipe I use on Pinterest. I can't tell you how many times I have made this recipe over the last 8 months. So delicious! The perfect solution for my craving!

Here's the link to the recipe I used http://baskersfunfoods.blogspot.com/2009/05/cookie-dough-for-preggies.html

This recipe has been a life-saver. I have made a few adjustments to make it more to my liking. First, I melt the butter before mixing it with the brown sugar. It makes it easier to mix, and a smoother mixture. Second, I use dark brown sugar, as I feel it has more flavor. Since this recipe isn't baked, I feel it adds a little extra yum! Third, I add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. I use pure organic vanilla, and love the flavor it adds, so I add a little extra. And last, but not least, I scoop out the dough with my cookie scoop, put it on a lined cookie sheet, and freeze the bites. After they are frozen, I put them into a zip top freezer bag and store in the freezer for when those cravings hit. They don't last very long. I can usually get 20 cookie dough bites out of one recipe with my cookie scoop.




I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who has a chocolate chip cookie dough craving. These little bites are so yummy! They are rich, so you won't eat too many, and so completely delicious.

If you try this recipe, please let me know how you like it. It's one of my favorite recipes I've found. Also let me know if you make any adjustments to make it your own. I'm always looking for new recipes or tweaks to recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment