Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Exercising While Pregnant

I love to do Yoga and Pilates. They are two of my favorite forms of exercise. I love the way I feel while performing the poses and exercises, and how I feel after I've complete my workouts. They give me a sense of inner peace, strength and flexibility of which I have rarely found in other forms of exercise.

After my first trimester of pregnancy, I thought I would have to give up doing the exercises I love, and make me feel so amazing, because they weren't conducive with pregnancy. This made me very sad. I don't enjoy swimming or cycling, the two forms of exercise I found most recommended for pregnant women. So I began to do some research on Yoga and Pilates for pregnant women. Lo and behold! I found some exercise sequences designed specifically for pregnant women.

I have been doing these exercises over the past 5 months, and have been relishing the amazing feeling I get from performing these exercises. Both sequences help center me, which has been very important the later I get in my pregnancy. As I have been feeling very overwhelmed and agitated. I perform these exercises 5 days a week, in the morning. However, sometimes I need to center and calm myself when feeling overwhelmed. When I begin to feel this way, I do my Yoga sequence. When I am feeling sluggish and lethargic, I do the Pilates sequence. Performing these sequences always makes me feel better.

Here are the links for the Yoga sequences: http://www.fitpregnancy.com/exercise/prenatal-workouts/pregnancy-yoga-flow-youll-love


http://www.fitpregnancy.com/exercise/prenatal-workouts/poses-perks-what-prenatal-yoga-can-do-you

Here's the link to the Pilates sequence I use: http://www.fitpregnancy.com/exercise/prenatal-workouts/pilates-workout-whole-9-months

I hope these exercises help anyone out there who loves Yoga and Pilates and wants to continue to practice both while pregnant!

Happy exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment