Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Holiday Favorite

As I sit here on the sofa watching Mickey Mouse with my daughter, I am making a batch of my absolute favorite holiday snack: Chex Mix!

I absolutely love this stuff! I just can't seem to get enough of it, especially during the holiday season. I just love the way the cereal, pretzels, nuts and seasoning come together in a wonderful, divine ambrosia. I can taste it now, and my mouth is watering...

It took me a little to figure out how to make it to my taste, but, once I did, I haven't turned back.

Here's the link to the original recipe: http://www.chex.com/recipes/the-original-chex-party-mix/4698168d-747c-4f96-8f7a-521736e49071


Here's my recipe:


4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
3/4 cup mixed nuts (I like to use the Emerald mixed nuts)
3/4 cup pretzels (I like the waffle pretzels)
6 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder


1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in microwave. Mix in W-sauce, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder until thoroughly mixed together.
2. Add in cereal, nuts and pretzels. Mix until well coated.
3. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
4. Stir ingredients.
5. Spread mix onto paper towels to dry and cool.
6. Store in an airtight container and ENJOY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment