Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Menu: January 12 - 18, 2015

I know I'm late posting this. I've just been so busy the last few days with getting ready to go back to school and rehearsals. I've spent the last week getting lesson plans and choreography together. However, I did want to share my menu for this week with you. I have some fun and interesting and special meals planned for this week.

Monday, January 12, 2015

"Refried" Black Beans and Cornbread

It's "Meatless Monday" once again. I have to say, this is probably my most challenging day of the week. We are not vegetarians, nor are we trying to be. I decided to try "Meatless Mondays" in order to try and save my family money. By eliminating meat as the main part of the meal one day a week, I'm not spending the money on the meat. While it's not going to save us a ton of money, every little bit helps. "A penny saved is a penny earned." - Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Steak with Rice and Peas

We go from "Meatless Monday" straight into the king of meats. A lovely steak. I love mine mid-rare, but my husband likes his more mid-well. Therefore, I have to time everything out perfectly so both steaks are cooked the way each of us prefers. Meaning, I have to start his steak a few minutes before I start mine. All while making sure the rice and the peas are done by the time the steaks have cooked and rested. Definitely a meal that has to be timed to perfection.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dinner at my parent's house

Because of my crazy schedule, we will be having dinner at my parent's house on Wednesday evenings. Therefore I will be moving my typical crock pot meal to either Thursday or Friday.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

BBQ Rib Sandwiches on Hawaiian Rolls and Home Fries

Using the leftover BBQ rib meat from last week's BBQ ribs, we will make BBQ sandwiches on yummy, soft Hawaiian rolls. On the side, I will make my "famous" home fries; spicy, earthy, soft and crispy potatoes roasted in the oven.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans

Our crock pot meal this week will be on Friday because I will be gone all day. I have classes Friday morning and then have to be back at the school to help with a performance Friday evening. Therefore, I am going to set the crock pot so the chicken and potatoes are done in time for my husband to eat before he has to go to work. I'm pretty sure he his perfectly capable of warming a can of green beans.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Spiced Peaches

I love this recipe! I love having breakfast for dinner, just makes me feel are warm and cozy. And this recipe is awesome for that. Delicious homemade biscuits (you could certainly use the canned or frozen biscuits if you wish. But there's something about homemade that's just heartwarming), smothered in homemade, spicy, savory sausage gravy. Spiced peaches served on the side to help cut through the richness of the biscuits and gravy. Just yummy!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Leftovers!

It's once again "Leftover Sunday". This is the night we clean out the fridge and make sure we eat the leftovers from this week. I hate to throw away food, and "Leftover Sunday" is a perfect way to avoid this. Sometimes I will keep something to use the following week in a new recipe (as I did with the BBQ ribs from last week and the sandwiches this week).

I hope my menu for this week will inspire you to plan your meals, or maybe one of my ideas will inspire a meal you make for yourself and your family.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment