I am rather proud of this blanket. It is crocheted on the diagonal, but, after the edging is done, it squares up nicely.
It's just big enough for my sweet little Bumblebee! And she loves her afghan. She can get all comfy and cozy under it, and snuggle in for the night.
For this afghan, I used Bernat Softee Baby yarn in antique white. The pattern I used was the "blackberries & crosses" Patten from Baby's Diagonal Arab Afghans. I made a few adjustments to this Patten to better suit my taste. The biggest of which was o get rid of the crosses. I prefer the cleaner look I got from eliminating them from the pattern. I also don't use a yarn needle to weave in he ends. I tend to just crochet them into the afghan. This makes things so much easier on me, as I don't have to go back and search for all my ends and weave them in.
All-in-all, I am very pleased with how this blanket turned out. I am planning on making her another one for when she moves into a big girl bed. Maybe I should start on it now...