Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Weekly Favorites 5

This week's favorites are a collection of different things.
I have been doing some research on different planners. I have yet to find one that truly works for me. I was reading one of my favorite blogs (Sweet Tea and Saving Grace) the other day, and Kirsten was talking about making a "traveling" vision board for happiness. I participated in her 31 Days to Happy event last month (which was awesome!) and her final prompt was about making a vision board. I loved her idea of one you put in your planner and take with you wherever you go. I don't currently have a paper planner, as I was trying a digital version for this school year, but I will be going back to pen and paper for next school year. I just find pen and paper works better for me. Anyway, as she showed us her vision board, she talked briefly about the planner she uses. She uses an Erin Condren planner. Intrigued, I went to her website and checked them out. I have decided: I NEED ONE! While there, I discovered she does teacher planners as well! This would be amazing for me. I'd be able to keep all my info for school in one place: schedules, classes, syllabi, lesson plans, attendance re odds, grades, etc.
                 teacher's lesson planner -paisley            
They haven't released the 2015-2016 ones yet, but as soon as they do, I will so be ordering one. I am also thinking about getting a personal life planner as well. I am seriously excited about making my order, and will keep you posted on how it works for me.

I follow several blogs, and truly enjoy reading them on an almost daily basis. My absolute favorite blog, and the one I read daily, is  Sweet Tea and Saving Grace. Kirsten is funny, witty, smart, has a ton of great ideas, and a true Southern lady. Her blog includes everything from DIY to recipes to just some truly inspiring posts. I have enjoyed getting to know her through her blog and her March event 31 Days to Happy. I learned a lot from her and the other ladies in the group about finding the joy and happiness in the daily ins and outs.

One last favorite for this week, LouAna Coconut Oil. As many of you know, I started using coconut oil on Bumblebee several months ago to help with her eczema. It has helped tremendously. I do have to use something a little thicker when she has a breakout, but, for the most part, coconut oil keeps it in check.
Coconut Oil
Once I saw how the oil helped Bumblebee's skin, I decided to start using it myself. At first I only used it on my hair. It worked so well, I completely ditched my conditioner. Which is a huge deal for me, as I have frizzy, curly hair. The coconut oil helps keep it hydrated and keeps the frizz down! After seeing how well it worked on my hair, I started using it on my face and body. I have noticed a definite change. I don't have to apply lotion as much as I did before, I don't have to use night cream on my face at all, and my face isn't nearly as oily as it used to be.
You may be wondering why I don't use a coconut oil made as a beauty product? Well, short answer, this one is cheaper.

Well, that's it for my favorites this week. What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment