Here's my version of the recipe:
Sausage, Potato and Egg Skillet
½ pound Italian or breakfast sausage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Colby jack or cheddar cheese
3 cups frozen hash browns
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Brown sausage in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once sausage has started to brown, add garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and ½ cup cheese in a medium bowl. Add hash browns and fold in to egg mixture.
- Once sausage has brown, remove from heat and add butter. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add egg and potato mixture to skillet over sausage. Spread evenly in skillet.
- Top with the other ½ cup cheese.
- Bake in 375˚F for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
I like to serve this recipe with picante sauce. Adds a little spice and extra flavor, though this recipe is perfectly delicious on its own. I have served this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's wonderful at all three meal times. I do like to serve either a salad or some raw veggies with it when I serve it for dinner, though this doesn't always happen. I will say, this is delicious as leftovers as well.