Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sausage, Potato and Egg Skillet

First of all, I am the world's worst at taking pictures. I always think about it after it's too late... So, I don't have a picture for you of this delicious recipe. However, here is the link to the original recipe (which I have changed a bit to fit me and my family) http://natashaskitchen.com/2014/10/03/sausage-potato-and-egg-skillet/.

 

Here's my version of the recipe:
 Sausage, Potato and Egg Skillet
Ingredients:
½ pound Italian or breakfast sausage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 eggs
¼ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Colby jack or cheddar cheese
3 cups frozen hash browns
1 tablespoon butter
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
  2. Brown sausage in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once sausage has started to brown, add garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.
  3. Meanwhile, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and ½ cup cheese in a medium bowl. Add hash browns and fold in to egg mixture.
  4. Once sausage has brown, remove from heat and add butter. Stir until butter is melted.
  5. Add egg and potato mixture to skillet over sausage. Spread evenly in skillet.
  6. Top with the other ½ cup cheese.
  7. Bake in 375˚F for 30-35 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.

 

I like to serve this recipe with picante sauce. Adds a little spice and extra flavor, though this recipe is perfectly delicious on its own. I have served this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's wonderful at all three meal times. I do like to serve either a salad or some raw veggies with it when I serve it for dinner, though this doesn't always happen. I will say, this is delicious as leftovers as well.
Happy Eating!

 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment