Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Bumblebee’s Lessons in Faith for May

  When I first found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to raise my child in faith. To teach my little one about God and Christ and the church. When we found out we were having a girl, it became even more important to me she have a solid foundation of faith.
For the past 10 ½ months, I have been reading to her out of the children's Bible I had as a child. However, lately I've felt like I need to do more. Just reading her stories just doesn't seem like it's enough.
So, I've decided to introduce Lessons in Faith.



  

Each month, I will introduce a new lesson. Something to help her learn about God and faith. We will have a story and little "exercises" to help her on her journey of faith. It may seem like it's a little too early to do this. But is it really? Is it ever too early to introduce a child to God?
I found a wonderful website, Ministry-To-Children, which has wonderful lessons and ideas for ministering to children. I have taken their lessons for toddlers and reworked them to suit my 10 ½ month old.
I've broken everything down into weekly lessons.
Lesson One: God is our Good Shepherd.
Lesson Two: God is our Fortress.
Lesson Three: God is the Light. He chases away the darkness.
Lesson Four: God is a Shield. He protects us.
Our lessons will include pictures, Bible readings and stories. We will begin and end each lesson with prayer. Our lessons will take place in the morning when Bumblebee is at her most alert. I will be posting a breakdown of our lessons soon.
Wishing you love, happiness and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment