Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Waking Up To a Clean Kitchen

One of the ways I get a great start to my days is to wake up to a clean kitchen every day. But, how do I do this? How am I able to make sure my kitchen is completely ready for the day ahead when I wake up in the morning? Do I have kitchen fairies who come in at night and clean it for me? No, though sometimes I wish I did. I simply make cleaning my kitchen part of my daily routine, so I can wake up to a clean kitchen.
Waking Up To A Clean Kitchen

 


 

First, I started running my dishwasher at night before I went to bed. This ensures all the dishes are clean and ready to be put away in the morning. This is not my idea. I got this little nugget by taking a free online web class from Erin of www.thehumbledhomemaker.com and www.ultimate-bundles.com. Holly Dvorak of www.controlmyspin.com has some absolutely wonderful suggestions to make your life easier.
Waking Up To A Clean Kitchen

 


Now, we don't always fill the dishwasher every day. So, sometimes the dishwasher is run every other day. But, it's still ready to receive the dirty dishes from the new day. I also make sure the pots and pans are washed and set to dry, the highchair tray is wiped and clean, and the coffee pot is ready to go for the morning.

 

Once I started to realize how much easier my mornings were, I began to wonder what else I could do in my kitchen to make sure it was ready for the new day.
Waking Up To A Clean Kitchen

 


I began adding other tasks to my nightly kitchen cleaning. I started by adding wiping down the counters. That grew to also include the sink. Then I started preparing the coffee pot for the next morning. The last little thing I added was sweeping the floor.

 

So here's my kitchen cleaning schedule I do every night:

 

  1. Make sure all dirty dishes are in the dishwasher. Run dishwasher. Wash any dishes that can't go in the dishwasher.
  2. Wipe down counters, sink and stove top.
  3. Prepare coffee pot for the next morning.
  4. Sweep floor.
Waking Up To A Clean Kitchen

 

It really doesn't take me long at all. Maybe 5 minutes or so. And it is so worth it to wake up to a clean kitchen every morning, ready for the new day.

 

What are some things you do to make your mornings run smoother!

No comments:

Post a Comment