Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Checking Your Faith’s Vital Signs

I had planned a different post for today, but after hearing the sermon in church yesterday, I have decided to take a different route for today's post.

Our sermon yesterday was all about the vital signs of the church. Is your church healthy and thriving? Or is it floundering and dying? A lot of churches don't check their vitals. They don't take stock of how they're doing. This is not a good thing. Just like with our own health, the church's vitals need to be checked regularly.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to hear the entire sermon as Bumblebee decided what she had to say was more important. LOL! I had to take her put to the foyer for the remainder of the service. Oh! The life of the mother of an almost 11 month old…

Anyway, as I was listening to the portion of the sermon before I had to step out, I began to think about the vitals of my own faith. Is my faith healthy and thriving? Is it in need of some attention? Is it floundering and dying?

These questions got me to start really thinking about my faith. Over the years, I've struggled with my faith. I've always wanted a strong faith. To be able to give up everything completely to God, and allow Him to guide my life. But it's been difficult for me to do this.

For a perfectionist, it's hard to give up control. One thing I'm beginning to realize is that by giving everything to God, I gain more control.

Weird, right? But so true. By turning to God and allowing the Bible to be my guide and "How To" book, I gain more control of my own life. By following the teachings of the Bible, I gain more control of my life. Because it becomes easier to make decisions. It becomes easier to decide what is right for me. By allowing God to be my guide, the light that lights my path, I am better able to make the right decisions for my life. I gain better control by being equipped with the tools I need to follow the path I am meant to follow.

By simply turning to God, all the vitals of my faith became good and stable. It really is that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment