Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Favorite “Me Time” Indulgences


 
When I need to wind down and take some time for me, I always reach for my favorite “Me Time” indulgences. There are a few must haves for “Me Time” to help me wind down and relax. Especially after a particularly trying and exhausting day.

 

Favorite “Me Time” Indulgences
 

Here are my “Me Time” must haves:

1.      Bathtub full of very warm water

2.      Epsom salt bath soak (recipe to follow)

3.      Great reading material

4.       Water bottle full of ice water

These are my must haves. Those essential items I reach for time and again when I need some “Me Time”. I love taking a nice, long soak in a very warm tub. I use my favorite DIY bath soak to help my muscles relax, and it’s great for detoxing as well. I love to just soak in the tub and read a great book. Lately I’ve been reading Far World: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage. Such a great read. I really am enjoying this book. Looking forward to reading the other books in this series. I always have a bottle of ice water nearby to stay hydrated.

 
Favorite “Me Time” Indulgences


On very special occasions, when I’ve had a particularly trying day, I love to include in my “Me Time” ritual, a lovely DIY face mask. It’s a wonderful Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Lemon and Honey face mask. This mask is great if you have a problem with blackheads. This site has several honey-based facial mask recipes, but this one is my favorite:

Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Lemon, Honey face mask (for oily skin)

2 tablespoons organic honey

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

¼ teaspoon nutmeg

1.     Warm up the honey until it becomes liquid, but not too hot, by putting it into a small glass bowl you put in hot water. This method gives you more control so the honey doesn’t burn.

2.     Mix in the lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg until you have a smooth and uniform paste.

3.     Pat and massage the paste gently and equally with your fingertips on your clean face and neck, keep the eye area clear.

4.     Lie back and relax for 15 minutes.

5.     After 15 minutes, wash mask off with warm and then cold water; pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Finally apply moisturizer (I like to use coconut oil).

 

After I’ve soaked and rinsed away my mask, I get put and gently towel dry. I love using coconut oil after one of these soaks to really hydrate my skin. Then it’s time to get in bed and read for a bit before going to sleep. Always a great way to unwind after a long, trying day.

 

Relaxing Detox Bath Soak

½ cup Epsom salt

½ cup baking soda

2 tablespoons ground ginger

1 cup Apple Cider vinegar

1.     Mix first 3 ingredients together in a small bowl.

2.     Measure vinegar in separate vessel.

3.     Run bath of very warm water. Add salt mixture under running water. Make sure to thoroughly mix into water until dissolved.

4.     Once tub is filled, and you’ve turned the water off, add vinegar to bath and mix into water.

5.     Get in and relax for 20 to 30minutes. Though I have been known to stay in for close to an hour!

These are just a few of my essential “indulgences” I use when I need to relax and have some” Me Time”. I hope you give them a try next time you need to relax and enjoy some time to yourself.

Enjoy life with faith, love, and joy.

What are some of your favorite “Me Time” indulgences?

No comments:

Post a Comment