Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Our Wedding Story

I have to admit, our wedding story is an interesting one. One that could only involve my husband and me.

Our Wedding Story


To begin, my husband had fallen at work the Friday before our wedding and torn up his knee. He was on a knee immobilizer and on crutches. That's right, the groom was on crutches. Now, if anyone has ever torn their knee up, you know they pit you on some pretty hefty pain killers. 'Nuff said.

Our Wedding Story


Ok, so... we arrive at the church and are met at the door by my father. He informs us that the reverend who is supposed to perform the ceremony, has locked herself in the bathroom! Yes, you heard me right, she Locked. Herself. In. The. Bathroom!

First of all, our regular minister had a medical emergency and was not able to be there. Luckily our church has several members who are ordained ministers, and one was able to step in. She wasn't familiar with the fact that the door to the minister's bathroom was broken. When she shut the door so she could get ready, the lock got stuck. Luckily we also have several members who are great problem solvers. They unpinned the hinges and got her out.

And now we were finally ready for the ceremony. My dad walked me down the aisle. And there was my soon-to-be husband, heavily leaning on his crutches.

Once I got down the aisle to him, I could tell he was feeling his knee. I was worried about him, but he smiled at me, and mouthed "I love you". The ceremony began...

Our Wedding Day


Things were going great, until we got to our vows. I could tell by looking at Hubby he was definitely feeling his knee. He was gripping my hands so tightly, and leaning heavily on me. But he just kept smiling at me, and the look in his eyes told me everything I needed to know. Plus, I knew if he needed to stop, he'd say something. I said my vows, them Hubby said his. Mine were flawless. His, not so much. He flubbed the first line! But he persevered, and got through them. The exchanging of the rings went beautifully. The kiss... Perfection.

Once the reception began, and we had cut the cake, Hubby collapsed into a chair with a sigh of relief. The rest was kind of a blur. I know we opened gifts and talked to people and ate, but I can't recall details.

Afterward, we went to dinner (we had an afternoon wedding and them went home to change and relax). We had a nice dinner and then went home.

All-in-all it was a wonderful day, despite the challenges we faced. Hubby and I have been married for  little over two years now, we have a beautiful daughter, and are more in love now than we were on our wedding day.

Enjoy life with faith, love, and joy!

Did you have any challenges are funny occurrences happen on your wedding day?

No comments:

Post a Comment