Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Update 11/1/14

I have been having trouble coming up with topics for my blog for the past week and a half.


Bumblebee has been eating well, and is now enjoying a diet of breast milk, sweet peas, sweet potatoes and applesauce. In a few days, we will introduce rice cereal to our little Bumblebee. She's been doing well with the food, but sometimes gets a little constipated. We just give her a little gripe water, and that seems to do the trick. I have noticed she is sleeping better at night since she's started eating food.


Rehearsals for Willie Wonka and the C&C Chocolate Dance Factory are going well. We are actually ahead of schedule! Which is awesome for us. We've given out costumes, I have mine all ready to go. Mom is completely some odds and ends for us. This is going to be an amazing show!
Robin is still working nights, which totally sucks! But, for now, his schedule works for us. He is able to keep Bumblebee on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I don't have to wake up anymore ridiculously early than I already do to take her to my mom's house. So, for now, we are dealing with his schedule. I just feel like we don't get to spend enough time with him.


My classes at HCC are going well. I have finished all the dances I am responsible for, and we will be cleaning them up next week. Then it's on to the stage and ready for show time. The students are all excited about the performance. I am too.


I have an amazing friend who gave me an electric pump. I had been having problems pumping enough milk to keep up with Bumblebee, and I was constantly worried she wouldn't have enough. And, of course, worry causes you to have problems in and of itself. I was talking to Ms Chiquila, and she told me I needed an electric pump. She gave me hers, which she is no longer using. It's been a life saver, and so much easier than the manual pump I was using. Now, I can leave my manual pump at my mother's just in case I need it. I highly recommend getting an electric pump to any woman who is planning on breastfeeding and is going to need to pump.
Not only do we use the pumped milk in a bottle to feed Bumblebee, I've also been mixing it into the food I am making for her. I feel so much better now about pumping. And, it doesn't take nearly as long as it did before!


I will be working on getting some topics set up for the next week or so. Hopefully I will be better at keeping up with my writing and have much more interesting topics for you to read about.



No comments:

Post a Comment