Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Recipes for the Week: March 9 – 15, 2015

Happy Monday, ALL! Here's what's on the menu for this week. I will be putting some meals up for Saturday and Sunday as I will be gone to Nashville with Montage Theatre of Dance (I'm taking Bumblebee with me), and Hubby will be on his own. I don't want him to have to eat leftovers both days, so I decided I'd have some yummy meals ready for him to just heat up.

Side track: I'm excited about this trip to Nashville! Montage has been asked to perform at the Grand Ole Opry! Super excited!!!!! We will be performing part of our Michael Jackson Forever! show. If you didn't catch our awesome show in February, you still have a chance to check it out on March 18, 2015. Go ahead and call 601-857-3266 for ticket information.

Okay, back to the menu plan for the week. This week I'm really trying to get back on track with my weekly meal schedule. I kind of got off track the past few weeks with the performance and "snow" days and all. So, it's back on track for me.

Monday, March 9, 2015:

Meatless Chili over Cheesy Polenta (I will be posting a recipe for this meal later this week)


It's once again "Meatless Monday" and I made a wonderful meatless chili I served over cheesy polenta. This recipe is easy to make, and there are always leftovers. Good thing since Hubby is on his own Saturday and Sunday this week as Bumblebee and I will be in Nashville.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015:

One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta

For "Taco Tuesday" we will be embarking on yet another new recipe, One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta. I love one pot recipes, makes for easier clean up. This recipe looks scrumptiously cheesy and easy. I will be substituting hominy for the frozen corn as Hubby can't have corn. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015:

Dinner at my parent's house and there's no telling what we'll have. Doesn't really matter. If my momma makes it, it'll be delicious. For those who don't know, I take laundry over to my parent's house (I refuse to pay $30-$50 a week to do laundry). I work in the mornings and my mom keeps Bumblebee, then I do laundry over there, then have rehearsal at 7; so we just stay over there all day and have dinner with my parents. It's nice to be able to spend this time with them.

Thursday, March 12, 2015:

Chicken and Dumplings

I love chicken and dumplings. Sometimes I make my own homemade dumplings, but this time I will be using these frozen dumplings. My mom uses them when she makes chicken and dumplings, and they are absolutely delicious! And what a time saver. Normally I make my own biscuit-based dumplings as I always have the ingredients on hand. The only reason I'll be using frozen dumplings is because my mom got me some when they went on sale at a grocery store near her house that was closing. She gave me two packages, so I'll have enough for 4 batches of chicken and dumplings. Good thing my husband loves chicken and dumplings.

Friday, March 13, 2015:

Ham with Macaroni and Cheese

One of my favorite comfort meals. My mom's macaroni and cheese recipe is so creamy and flavorful and easy. Add some peas or green beans and you have a wonderful, comforting meal.

Saturday, March 14, 2015:

Leftovers

Since I will be in Nashville this weekend, Hubby will be on his own for dinner. While Hubby is perfectly capable of cooking, there's just something about knowing there's plenty in the fridge for him to choose from to eat. I also love cooking for my family, though I do call upon him to cook every once in a while. Not this weekend however! I will be making sure there are plenty of leftovers for him to enjoy!

Sunday, March 15, 2015:

Leftovers

It's "Leftover Sunday"! Hubby always has leftovers on Sundays as I'm away at rehearsal when he needs to eat and get ready for work. He'll have his choice of leftovers this week. However, I won't be at rehearsal, I'll be on my way home from Nashville. It'll be late when Bumblebee and I get home, but we'll stop for dinner with the rest of the company on the way home.

Hopefully these recipes and ideas will inspire you to try new things and revisit old favorites. I love to try new recipes, but I try to keep my old standbys for later in the week when I'm more tired and just want to cook something I don't really have to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment