I choose to shower at night. I've been doing it most of my life. There were a few years here and there when I showered in the morning. There were even a few years, mostly in college, I showered in the morning and again at night.
Upon researching this topic, I found many reasons why people choose to shower either at night or in the morning, or both. Some of them made since (like wanting to get in clean sheets with a clean body), and some were just ridiculous (like showering at night causes you to be funky all day). I have to say, some of them were extremely amusing to read.
Here are my reasons I shower at night:
- I am a dancer, dance instructor and choreographer. I am in dance apparel all day, sweating and moving around constantly. I teach ballet, modern, jazz, tap and repertory. During some of my classes, I do floor work. The floor is dirty from people walking on it. At the end of the day, I am sweaty, dirty and icky. I want a shower.
- I love the idea of crawling into nice, clean sheets with a nice, clean body. Just the thought of getting into bed without showering makes my skin crawl, and I have trouble sleeping.
- It helps me relax. Taking a warm shower (sometimes a bath) at night helps ease aching muscles, and relaxes me for sleep.
- I have allergies. Showering at night washes away all the pollen I've collected during the day. By doing this, I am able to breathe better at night, and, therefore, sleep better.
- It saves me time in the morning. When I shower at night, I am able to sleep a little longer (when my daughter doesn't wake up too early) and take my time in the morning. I can get up, get dressed (in the clothes I picked out the night before), have a relaxing cup of coffee and eat a good breakfast.
- I feel better rested. Since showering/bathing at night helps relax me, I sleep better at night, and feel more rested in the morning.
- I'm better able to tackle my day. Because I'm better rested, and not rushed, I feel better prepared to tackle all the things I have on my "to do" list.
So, there you have it. My reasons I shower at night. I'm not saying one is better than the other. In fact, I think you should do what makes you feel good, and prepared for the day. I just wanted to share why I shower at night.
Do you shower at night, or in the morning? Why?