Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Peanut Butter Brownies

I love brownies! Chewy, delicious, chocolatey brownies.
I also love peanut butter! The chunkier, the better.


So, naturally, I combined the two. I used to just make brownies an add peanut butter chips. The... I got creative. I decided to play a little. I do make brownies from scratch, and will share that recipe at a later date. But, for the purposes of today's brownies, I did use a boxed brownie mix. Boxed mixes are great. They are your dry ingredients all measures out and ready to go. UE used many different mixes over the years, but this one is my favorite:
 
 

These Ghirardelli brownies always come out wonderful and chewy. 
I mixed up the brownies according to the instructions. Then I had some fun!

 

I added some peanut butter filled chocolate chips. 

 

Who knew there was such a wonderful thing? My mother did. She gave me a package for Christmas, and I knew I had to make these brownies with these chips. 
*Tip: when adding baking chips to a batter, put them in a small bowl and add a tablespoon or so of flour to them. Toss the chips in the flour until well coated, then add to your batter. This allows the chips to suspend in the batter better, so every bite has chips in it!

I also added about a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of brewed coffee to the batter. Both vanilla and coffee enhance the flavor of chocolate. Trust me, you'll notice the difference. 
Here's the vanilla I use. 
 

Next, pour your batter into a pregreased 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking dish. 
Then, add 3-4 globs (technical term) of peanut butter. I used honey roasted chunky peanut butter. 

 

Swirl the peanut butter through your batter using a knife or spatula. 

 

Put brownies into a preheated 325 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. 

 

Let cool. Cut (I like to cut the edges off separately as they're my personal favorite part). Enjoy!


 


Peanut Butter Brownies
1 box Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme brownie mix
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 Tablespoon brewed coffee
1 cup peanut butter filled chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon flour
3-4 globs (Tablespoons) peanut butter of choice

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (or as package indicates). Grease an 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking dish. 
2. Mix brownies according to package instructions. I substituted milk for the water. 
3. Add vanilla and coffee. 
4. In a small bowl, toss chocolate chips and flour. 
5. Add chips to batter and fold in until combined. 
6. Pour batter into pregreased baking dish. 
7. Add 3-4 globs of peanut butter and swirl in with a knife or spatula. 
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes (or as package indicates). 
9. Let cool. Cut into squares. 
10. Enjoy with a glass of milk or cup of coffee. 








No comments:

Post a Comment