Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Storing Out-of-Season Clothes

I know there are a ton of different ways to store out-of-season clothes, but I'd thought I'd share how I do it as part of my decluttering series: Living the Simple Life.

Storing Out-of-Season Clothes


After I went through all my clothing, and got rid of quite a bit (check out this post for more on that), I still had a pile of out-of-season clothing I needed to take care of. My closet is quite small, so I don't have room to keep all my clothes in it year round. Therefore, I needed to figure out a way to store my fall/winter clothing.

Storing Out-of-Season Clothes


When I was pregnant with my daughter, my cousin's wife gave me a bunch of baby clothes her daughter had grown out of. She also gave me some vacuum storage bags in which to store the clothes Bumblebee couldn't wear quite yet. I thought this a brilliant idea. It allowed me to store a large quantity in a small space.
While trying to figure out how to store my out-of-season clothes, I was in my daughter's room getting out the next size of clothes for my daughter. Light bulb moment! I could use vacuum storage bags to store my clothes. They help keep the items stored in them dry, away from bugs, clean, etc. So, I got some for my clothes.

Storing Out-of-Season Clothes


First I sorted all the clothing into piles of like items. Then I combined certain piles like skirts and dresses, tops and sweaters, etc. Then I put the piles into the bags, vacuumed out the excess air, and stored them away in a storage bin. Now all my clothes have a home, and the master bedroom is a little more orderly.

Storing Out-of-Season Clothes


There is still a lot more work to do, and I'm swiftly running out of time! Better get it in gear, and get it done. I will do my best to keep y'all updated.

Storing Out-of-Season Clothes


What are some ways you store out-of-season clothes?

Hoping your journey is full of faith, love, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment