Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Losing the Last of the Pregnancy Weight: Week One

Losing the Last of the Pregnancy Weight: Week One


Today I've decided to start a new series dedicated to losing the last of my pregnancy weight. With my daughter getting ready to turn 15 months on the 16th, and me being stick right around 150lbs, it's time to get serious about getting rid of this pregnancy weight.

I guess it's taken me so long because I kept excusing myself for not getting back into exercising. First, it was because I'd just had a baby by C-section and was recovering from all that. Then it was because my doctor told me to take it easy. I used this as an excuse not to work out at all and to take it easy once I returned to dancing and teaching dance. Then, it just became habit to not do much at all.

However, back in the spring, I started dancing more, and I noticed the weight started to come off. I was down to about 147lbs, and was excited. I thought, surely I'll be back to my pre-pregnancy (or close to it) weight before classes resumed in the fall. What I neglected to consider was, even though I was dancing over the summer, it wasn't as often as during the school year. Therefore, I needed to do some things at home. Which I didn't do. And the weight crept back on.

By the time classes resumed in the middle of August, I had gone back up to 154lbs! I couldn't believe I had put that much weight back on. It totally depressed me, but I knew I needed to do something. I stopped using my C-section as an excuse to not do things. I started learning all the choreography taught during rehearsals, and going full out each and every time. When I left  rehearsals, I was sweaty!

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed how the weight is beginning to fall off again, but I'm fluctuating from day to day. I know I need to get back into the habit of exercising at home, and I need to eat better. I have been really trying to only eat between 8am and 8pm. I haven't stuck to this as well as I should. However, today I am dedicating to sticking to only eating between 8am and 8pm. No more late night snacking because I'm bored!

For this week, Week One, I am going to add my Yoga flow and Pilate abs series three times this week. Because of my schedule, I will be adding these to Monday (today), Wednesday and Sunday. I know that seems weird, but those days work best for me at the moment.

Not only do I want to lose weight and feel better, I also want to build muscle and feel stronger. I by no means want to "get ripped" or anything crazy like that. I just want to feel better about myself and feel healthier and stronger.

Losing the Last of the Pregnancy Weight: Week One


Every Monday, I will be checking in with y'all. I will be sharing how well I did with my exercise that week as well as my stats for that week.

Week One:
Weight: 152lbs
Waist: 36.5 inches
Hips: 40.25 inches
Upper arm: 12 inches
Thigh: 24 inches

I won't be doing my bust as I am still breastfeeding. Some of these measurements are purely for curiosity's sake. However, I do believe they are great ways to measure progress, as long as you keep in mind that things will fluctuate, and muscle is more dense than fat.

*Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. I am doing this purely for my own health and well-being. I do encourage everyone to speak with their health care professional if they are wanting to lose weight or be healthier.

Enjoy life with faith, love, and joy!

What are some things you've done, or want to do, to lose weight or get healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment